Char Dham Travel Tips 2018
Char Dham Travel Tips is required for the pilgrims who travel Chardham. It is really very necessary to prepare yourself well in advance, otherwise the whole journey may become very tiresome. It might be possible that your avoidance also cause you serious sickness after the long continuous Yatra towards the Himalayas. Definitely you need to prepare yourself 2-3 months prior to commencing the Yatra. There are some things which is required during trip.
The following yatra tips will help to make your Char Dham Yatra comfortable, hastle free and will keep you healthy and fit during the entire trip.
- The chardham or the four pilgrimage destinations are accessible only for six months (May to October) throughout the year. The region becomes inaccessible during the other half of the part of the year due to snowfall. You can check opening and closing dates of Char Dham Temples.
- While visitng Hindu mythological sites, shrines and temples, one should remove shoes and cover head with a piece of cloth before entering the Holy Place.
- Carry heavy woolen clothes to protect from cold weather during the month of October-November and carry moderate woolen during Summer Season.
- Carry woolen Blanket, an umbrella, Raincoat, Torchlight, minimum luggage and canvas shoes with you. You can carry woolen sweater, monkey cap and muffler, which will enable you to with stand cold winds, at the upper level of Himalayas. - Do carry creams, moisturizers, sunscreen creams.
- Pack a medical kit with painkillers, antibiotics, cough lozenges, Antiseptic cream, Iodine, tube-squeeze cream and medicines for cold and fever.
- Carry your routine medicines, as you might find only limited and general medicine at such remote locations.
- Carry dark choclates, dry fruits, Glucose (Glucon D), toffees. They will provide your instant energy during the trekking and during long jams.
- When asking for directions, speak to shopkeepers, not pedestrians. Check with at least two persons or more.
- Do not take pictures if cameras are not allowed in any particular area. Do not play with the sentiments of any particular religion.
- At least a month before the Yatra, it is advisable to start preparatory exercises for the trip 4 months in advance.
- Though self-managed tours happen to be economical, it is advisable for your Chardham yatra to go for a guided tour arranged by an expert local travel agent.
- Carry extra batteries and films for your camera, as electricity is not regular in such remote places.
- Do not travel in the rainy season as there are a lot of landslides during that time.
- Book hotel rooms in advance if you are travelling close to the temple opening dates, there is a heavy rush of pilgrims. Check hotels on CharDham Route.
- Alcohol or non vegetarian food is not permitted during Char Dham Yatra Tour.
- Drink packaged water or boiled water only.
Clothing during Char Dham Travel
Summers (May, June, July, August)- Moderate Woolens
Winters (April, September, October, November)- Heavy Woolens
Medical Emergency Number
In case of any serious medical emergency, call 108 (The Mobile emergency service from Government of Uttarakhand). Don't make fake calls, as it is punishable offence
Rishikesh, Haridwar, Kotdwar and Dehradun are well connected to major cities of India by Railway Network. From here you can get bus or you can hire taxi as well.
Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun. Helicopter service to Kedarnath and Badrinath is available from Delhi, Dehradun, Phata, Augustmuni and Gauchar near Rudraprayag and Jollygrant Airport Dehradun.
Driving Tips in Uttarakhand
- Always keep your vehicle on left side of the Road
- Use Horn at curves on hills, Never overtake the overtaking vehicle
- One should not drive more than 8 hours a day in hilly region
- Avoid driving after sunset, as it is not allowed in hilly area of Uttarakhand
- Use shoes instead of slippers while driving
- Check your Brakes and Hand Brakes before starting journey
- Check the Headlights, Break light and Parking lights of your vehicle
- Always give way to uphill vehicles
- Keep your vehicle's valid documents with you to avoid inconvenience
- Before journey, make sure that fuel tank of your vehicle is full, in case of land slides you might have to take alternate long routes
- Ensure to refuel, where ever easily you get chance, during season there might be long queues in Petrol Pumps at main stations
- Carry first aid box with you
- Do not drink and drive
- In case of traffic jam, park your vehicle at the end of the queue. If you initiate a parallel queue, the traffic from other side might force you to drive in reverse gear, till you reach again at end of the original queue. And you may find it very difficult to drive long in reverse gear on a hilly road
- Do not compete with local vehicles/drivers. They know the terrain very well.
- Chardham Deluxe Ex Delhi
- Char Dham Regular Ex Delhi
- Chardham Budget Ex Delhi
- Chardham Deluxe Ex Haridwar
- Chardham Regular Ex Haridwar
- Chardham Budget Ex Haridwar
- Chardham Taxi Tour Packages
- Group Chardham Rates
- Chardham Yatra by Helicopter
- Tailor Made Char Dham
- Kedarnath Helicopter Booking
- Teen Dham Tour Package
- Chardham Valley of Flower
- Chardham Hemkund Sahib
- Chardham Car Rentals
- Chardham Helicopter Service
- Route Map of Char Dham
- Latest News of Char Dham
- Online Biometric Registration
- Chardham Travel Tips
Chardham Yatra India - Uttarakhand Holidays
Delhi Head Office
509, Pocket C, LIG DDA Flats, East of Loni Road, New Delhi - 110093
Rishikesh Branch Office
Anand Tower, Near Old Bus Stand, Hira Lal Marg, Haridwar Rishikesh Highway, Dehradun - 249137
Haridwar Branch Office
Near Clarks Inn Brinjal Hotel, Shantikunj, Bhupatwala, Haridwar, Uttarakhand
Ahmedabad Branch Office
Dolly Complex, Stadium Circle, Ahmedabad, Gujarat - 380009 INDIA